[TowerTalk] Screw in anchors and Physics?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Screw in anchors and Physics?
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 03:48:06 +0000
>If spaced apart so they are both the same distance from the tower, then
>some means must be used to split the load between them without pulling
>off the axis of the rod;

This may seem silly and probably is but I have no physics experience.
If you put two anchors in and attached both of them to the same guy wire
and there was 5000 pounds pull on it wouldn't both of them have 5000 pound
pull on them???
Isn't it kinda like putting resistors in parallel the same voltage would be
present on both of them.
This may seem stupid to most of you but like I said, no physics classes
were offered at my school.

Mike...NO6X

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x