[TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Pullout Strength

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Pullout Strength
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 14:21:38 -0700
> << W1EVT told me he decided to install insulators in one
>  of his 140 ft Rohn 25 towers to make a 160M elevated GP.
>  They had to loosen the upper guys to where they were
>  almost hanging along the tower before they could jack it up.
>   >>

I need some help with this one. Simple math, assumming the guys were
at 45 degrees would indicate they were in the 190' range. Logically,
it seems as if for example, 5' of sag was allowed in the upper guys,
it should be more than adequate...unless of course, they jacked the
thing up 10' or so...

Is there something missing? An important point here, is that it may
well be that such a method of raising the tower a few inches might
well be safer if done after the entire tower was erected and guyed.

73

Ed