[TowerTalk] X-9 40 meter add-on One element

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] X-9 40 meter add-on One element
From: W8EB@aol.com (W8EB@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:32:34 EDT
Just got off the phone with HRO in Salem and also talked to Lanny Marsh at
Cushcraft.  They both said that the 40 meter add on kit for the X-9 antenna
will be in production next week and should be into the dealerships by the
third or fourth week of July.

The only problem is that it is a one (1) element not the two (2) element add
on kit that was promised.

I ordered my X-9 with the understanding that the two (2) element 40 meter add
on kit would be backordered for about two weeks, that was back in April.
Dayton I was told that they were having some problems with the 40 meter add on
kit but that it should be out shortly.

My conversation with Mr. Marsh was quite unsatisfactory.  His statement was
that Cushcraft could not make the 2 element work so they will send out the 1
element.  He stated the marketing division was a little over zealous but he
felt the ham community would understand.

I told him that I bought the X-9, put it together, and was waiting for the 2
element 40 meter add on kit that was promised.  Now I feel lied to and mislead
and I am stuck with the assembled X-9.

I shared with him that I don't think the X-9 ham community will be very happy.

I have cancelled my back order for the 40 meter add on kit and will now look
at putting up the 2 element quad that I had considered before I saw the
announcement on the X-9.

Cushcraft telephone number is 1-603-627-7877.

Bil W8EB