[TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] bonding disimilar metals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] bonding disimilar metals
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:13:00 -0700
Well, the most obvious cure for a diode action occurring at the junction
of the radials and ground rod is 5 mins of periodic maintenance. I do
this on every ground rod I have, maybe every two months, whether I have
reason to suspect it or not. And at the same time, dump another bag of
rock salt ( I don't know if it helps or not, but it doesn't hurt ) in
the holes where the ground rods are. ( use a post hole digger to leave
about a foot deep hole around each hole.

73

Ed