[TowerTalk] Which SWR analyzer ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Which SWR analyzer ?
From: n7ml@imt.net (Michael Lamb)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:18:10 -0600

----------
From:   Johan Humblet[SMTP:Johan.Humblet@village.uunet.be]
Sent:   Monday, July 13, 1998 2:24 PM
To:     towertalk@contesting.com
Subject:        [TowerTalk] Which SWR analyser ?

Johan:  you may want to check out the new CIA-HF Complex Impedance Analyzer by
AEA.  It is described on their web page at:"  www.aea-wireless.com  ".

The CIA-HF does have an LCD display that is graphical.  It shows all the
impedance, reactance, resistance and SWR curves as a function of frequency by
using a DDS sweep generator.  This is a commercial quality unit that is a bit
more expensive, but should give you years of extended life and owner
satisfaction over some of the competitive units.

73/Mike, N7ML

Hi,

I've heard a lot about SWR analyzers, but i really want to know which
one is really good for my personal needs... Perhaps some of you might
help me with this.. I'm really tired of walking back and forth from the
tower to the shack.. The most important things i want to measure with
this device is SWR and impedance (Ohm + imaginary part). I know MFJ has
a few of them, but perhaps there are others as well ? What about the
MFJ-249 ? any comments ? Personally i'd prefer LCD digits.

Please reply direct.

Thanks,

johan.humblet@village.uunet.be