[TowerTalk] Antenna Modelers--Help!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Modelers--Help!
From: W8EB@aol.com (W8EB@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:49:02 EDT

--part0_900431342_boundary

Thanks for reading this message.  Here is what I would like to do:

--part0_900431342_boundary

Thanks for the help.  Here is what I would like to do:

I would like to take the Cushcraft 2 element 40 meter beam
and add the Lightning Bolt 5 band 2 element quad onto the
boom of the Cushcraft 2 element 40 meter beam.

I think the boom length of the 40 meter beam is 22 ft.  The
boom length of the quad is 8 ft.

I have extra spreaders that will work with the Lightning Bolt
quad so that it can be mounted on the boom of the 40 meter
yagi.

Now the questions:

Will the quad see past the yagi?
Do I have to eliminate the 17 meter portion of the quad because
of the 40 meter beam?
Will the 40 meter beam see past the quad?
Will it work?
Or will I have to mount the beam and quad at 90 degrees from
one another?
Or am I wishing something that will not work?

For my tower installation I do not have room for the beam and the
quad on separate portions of the mast so is this doesn't work then
I need to just put up the quad.

Thanks for the help.  If you think it will work I will give it a
try and let the reflector know how it works.

Bil W8EB

--part0_900431342_boundary--