[TowerTalk] Suggestions for HF Marine Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Suggestions for HF Marine Antenna
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:02:57 EDT
Jon,   Hi, my firm deals in wire/cable/connectors for numerous industries, one
of which is marine.  Recently Gordon Wyatt, KQ4ZO   wrote an article about a
2-30 MHz HF long-wire antenna that is NOT part of your back stay.   This
article appears in "Ocean Navigator", May/June '98, p.80  .   He referred to
us for all of the parts including the GTO15 feedline which is the standard for
tuner to feed point.  He also notes how inexpensive this antenna can be
assembled for.  One nice advantage of this antenna is the ability to use it
for 2 thru 30 MHz.  If you chose to obtain and install yourself a rail mounted
whip, the cost will be $400 - $600 (another "marine" rip-off) whereas Wyatt's
antenna costs about $ 29.00, and his results have been superb. We have had
numerous requests for the parts since the article.  If you don't get this
magazine I'd be glad to mail or fax you, a copy of the article.  Wyatt is a
retired Coast Guard aviation electronics tech.   Regards, Steve Davis, K1PEK,
DAVIS RF Co.

DAVIS RF Co., Commercial wire/cable, RF connectors, custom cable design.
Discounts to hams..........BURY-FLEX ? low loss HF-microwave HDPE coax;
....FLEX-WEAVE? aerial wire. Registered trademarks of Davis Associates, Inc. .
.LMR ?, Heliax?, PolyPhaser Tm, etc.  Visit our web site at  www.davisRF.com.
1-800-328-4773   (1-800-DAVIS RF)
"The Triad":   DAVIS RF Co., ORION WIRE CORP and The WIREMAN:   Three types of
expertise, three corporate buying power and customer inter-personal
relationships benefitting all.