[TowerTalk] FAA stuff (and FCC registration too)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FAA stuff (and FCC registration too)
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:56:48
At 01:21 AM 7/17/98 -0500, Robert W5AJ wrote:

>Another item I found of interest is to call the FAA and ask them what they
>do if you call in and report your lights are off.  (you do have their
>number right there in the shack in case this happens?) You need to properly
>follow the rules & light the tower regardless....

While we're on the subject, I was surprised to discover a (relatively) new
requirement for FCC registration of any towers that require FAA approval.
I didn't see any exception for amateurs, so this may be a new paper issue
for you guys with the really tall towers.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"