[TowerTalk] Re: FAA Lighting Req'ts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: FAA Lighting Req'ts
From: aa6eg@cv.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 15:23:34 -0700 (PDT)

Many answers to George's question at the FCC.gov/wtb/antenna site.....

        And I have another....We at N6IJ do not currently have an antenna
structure that is required to be lighted.  The Marina Municipal airport,
with runways, 10,000 feet away, though is planning to lengthen the runway,
currently
shorter than 3200 feet, to a longer length which has more stringent
height limits to structures requiring lighting, and registration with the
FAA/FCC.  The new "inverted wedding cake" region determined by the
longer runways, would be pierced by any new
towers which we have plans for, and IS ALREADY PIERCED by existing
65 foot wooden antenna
poles which we currently use.  If/When the new airport plans are
implemented, do we have to comply with the now required
lighting/registration, AT OUR EXPENSE?

73, DX de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ
"The Contest Station from the Government"

Marina Amateur Radio Contest Station; N6IJ
599 DX Drive
Marina CA 93933

aa6eg@tmx.com