[TowerTalk] More guys and "Johnie Balls"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More guys and "Johnie Balls"
From: larsenp@cadvision.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 01:29:06 +0100
Hi All:
I am prepping my tower for a large head load. The tower was 104
feet of which I will be using 72 feet. I will have a TH-6 at
72 feet and a 5 elem 10 meter yagi (fixed) at 50 feet.
I plan to guy at 64 feet and 48 feet. The guys already are cut
at 10 foot centers for the full lengths.. As I have a full set
of short guys that I will not be using, and I have a whole bucket
of 4 KV Johnie balls, I have enough insulators to break up the
guys a fair bit. I will also have the guys insulated from the tower.
Upper set with 25 KV dead ends and lower set with 4 KV bells.

Now the question:
How far from the tower will I have to go with 5 foot lengths to
be clear of interaction with the two beams?

Tnx in advance.
Peter
VE6NAO