[TowerTalk] BEE STINGS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BEE STINGS
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 03:13:59 -0600
I was cutting the grass in my front yard (which has one TOWER :-)
when I received an intense sting just above my left elbow.  When
I came in the house and patted down my pants, two bees fell out
of the bottoms and another one or two stung me just above the
knee.  I was stung on the finger and between my thunb joints.

I have been stung by ground bees (or sweat bees) in the past
and while not pleasant, the pain and swelling were no where
near as intense as these stings.  The bees were skinny and
about 1/2 inch long.  Could these be the dreaded African
Killer Bees?   Do they live in the ground?  Any suggestions
on relieving the intense pain?  How does one get rid of
these pests?  This happened just before sunset.   Besides
night time, when are they LEAST active?  My hunch is that
these are not the same old garden variety ground bees
that succumb to a funnel and some "lawn mower juice".

Final question, HOW  DOES  ONE  PROTECT ONESELF
while cutting the rest of the lawn?  I never saw these
suckers and I was looking!

de  Tom  N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]