[TowerTalk] ARRL Proposes License Changes ...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ARRL Proposes License Changes ...
From: tao@skypoint.com (Tod Olson)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:45:01 -0500
K4SB said,

<Sure, they make questions and answers which are known beforehand
more <difficult. Just how much does it take to memorize an answer
to something
<you read of which you have absolutely no comprehension.

<First step is to learn which 9 of the 15 voted for this
aberration.

The Meeting minutes will tell you. Look at the last motion but
one.

To save you and the members of my Division effort, I voted
against it in the original vote and for it when the motion was
reconsidered. At that point it was the decision of the majority
of the Board and the reconsideration offered an opportunity to
show acceptance and support from more than a simple majority.

I have been attending ARRL Board meetings since 1976 and this was
the most difficult one I can recall. Every Director struggled to
resolve the issues and arrive at a decision which they believed
to be the best for the future of amateur radio.

One of the Laws of Life is:

"There are no solutions, only different sets of problems; we
select the set of problems we think we can best deal with".

Tod Olson, K0TO
ARRL Director Dakota Division