[TowerTalk] mismatch loss and SWR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mismatch loss and SWR
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:07:48 -0400
I'm sure Tom will answer, but I can't resist taking a stab at it: if the
total system loss is 10%, 900 watts will be radiated by the antenna. The
power really only flows in one direction, right? Of course, your SWR meter
will report a better match than really exists, because the measured
reflected power will show the 10% system loss. So, instead of computing SWR
based on 1000f/200r, the meter computes it based on 1000f/180r. I certainly
see that effect when I compare SWR at the load and transmitter ends of the
360 feet of coax going to my antennas!

73, Dick, WC1M