[TowerTalk] Following up on a promise!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Following up on a promise!
From: ni6w@yagistress.minden.nv.us (Kurt Andress)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:15:07 -0700
Greeting all!
Several weeks ago I promised to compile a list of subscriber comments
regarding experience with Loctite type and anti-seize compounds.
Well, just about when the mail subsided, I was afforded the excellent
opportunity to be the victim of a very distant lightning strike, which
found its way down a line and put my computer motherboard to sleep!
I've been back on line for some time now and finally decided I really
didn't lose anything on the hard drive, in spite of the fact that
Scandisk was dumping 40Mb chunks of data at one time. Pretty scary, eh?
Isn't reinstalling Windows 95 some kinda fun? Like owning some antennas!

If anyone would like to see the comments I received, drop me a note and
I'll compile the information. It's in the old MS mail software, not the
new Netscape I currently use. That's another discussion for the "PO'd
software users reflector!
Just before I got zapped, someone made a post regarding the use of
lanolin as an anti-seize compound. I can't find it. If that person is
still interested, send me a private mail and I'll tell you what I have
found out about it.

73, Kurt

P.S. That was one lively discussion about what RF energy does when we
don't achieve impedance matches along the way to the radiator.
I think that too often, comments are posted to the reflector instead of
privately. Kinda makes me not want to say anything!
If anyone has an intense desire to tell my that they think I have DooDoo
for brains, please do it privately so I can respond and explain myself.
Then, I promise to post the discussion in a more concise resolved
manner. Thanks to the fellow who stepped in and made an excellent effort
to focus and compile the information.
I lost it all internally, due to my limited bandwidth, and decision to
send it to the dumper. I read most everything, and can find it in the
archives when needed.

--
YagiStress - The Ultimate Software for Yagi Mechanical Design
Visit http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/yagistress