[TowerTalk] remote antenna switch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] remote antenna switch
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (w8ji.tom)
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:12:28 -0400
----------
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Date: Friday, July 31, 1998 8:45 PM
>

> The Ameritron is one of the best bangs for the bucks you will find for a
great
> antenna
> switch.   I use two of them ganged!    Ameritron is now owned by MFJ but
they
> have
> not touched the design or quality.   The RC-5 is the best bet as it gives
you
> one more antenna port (5) and is less lossie (sp?).   The RC-4 is
wireless,
> has one less
> port (4) and has a little more loss.

I think you mean the RCS-8.

The RCS-8V will handle 5 or ten kilowatts, mine is over 10 years old. I
can't  imagine a reason to pay big dollars for a switch, when something so
inexpensive works so well, even at VHF.

I use one in the test lab, with PTFE connectors, for switching up to 25 kW
pulse power and ten kW CCS at HF.

The weakest link in the switch is the connector. So if other SO-239's are
holding up the RCS-8V will hold up just fine. Port to port isolation is
excellent.

73 Tom

/search.htm