[TowerTalk] HyTower Vertical Parts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HyTower Vertical Parts
From: gswiebe@mb.sympatico.ca (Glenn Wiebe)
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 11:36:28 -0700
Hello Brian:

> The stubs are not insulated from the tower.  They are "decoupling" stubs
> which essentially make the tower above them electrically disappear.
> They form an antenna which is resonant the desired frequency.
>
> At 20 meters the antenna is a 3/4 antenna (tower only) naturally.   The
> 40 meter "stub" essentially lengthens it to be 1/4 wave on that band.
> Note that the lower band stubs are placed progressively lower on the
> tower and make it operate as 1/4 wave or 3/4 wave on the higher freq
> bands.

I kinda suspected that was the way it worked but I needed someone to
confirm it.
Regards 20m, the distance from the base to the top of the tower is 24',
3/8th
wavelength. From the base to the top of the antenna somewhere between
3/4 and
one wavelength. Oh well, the point is it works - after a fashion.

Cheers & thanks.

Glenn

--
Glenn Wiebe...Box 1563...Beausejour...MB...Canada...R0E 0C0
Email: gswiebe@mb.sympatico.ca.....ham radio call sign: VE4GN