[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3S (long, the rest of the story)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3S (long, the rest of the story)
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 22:30:48 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-04 22:02:01 EDT, n7ex@athenet.net writes:

>  Its a realtively new and
>  (perhaps struggling) organization without much technical overhead, when
>  compared to the likes of Cushcraft or Mosley fro sure.

      Well in the overall scheme of things, Cushcraft is the biggest
manufacturer of ham antennas by a factor of about 3 and Force 12 is now the
second biggest having displaced Hy-Gain who's now in third spot. KLM is
probably fourth with Mosley and M2 in the same range for fifth place. These
are MY educated opinions.

> One possible
>  solution to the scarce availability of technical support if your are
>  reading this Tom and Natan is to put a trouble shooting FAQ up on your WEB
>  page. In the time it takes to build another "test" antenna at the factory
>  this could go a long way towards solving what I am sure in many many cases
>  are not Force 12 problems but rather "system integrator" problems.

      All of the antennas are assembled at the factory that eliminates a lot
of potential problems. Anyone who reads TowerTalk knows that it ain't always
the obvious problem. I agree that a good FAQ would eliminate LOTS of phone
calls.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

Champion Radio Products
http://www.championradio.com