[TowerTalk] what 45G top section?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] what 45G top section?
From: Mmoon3@aol.com (Mmoon3@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 23:51:51 EDT
Since my 45AG2 top section was damaged in shipping, and the vendor only has
AG3 and AG4's in stock, I need some more advice.

I called Rohn to confirm that the AG2 is the best fit for a 2" OD pipe.  The
guy was amazingly unfamiliar with the 45G specs, then just read them back to
me.  The only info he gave me that wasn't in the Rohn book is that both the
AG2 and AG3 use the same #14 support pipe.  Since the AG2 is 2 3/8" OD and the
AG3 is 2 1/4" OD, should I assume a 2" pipe WON'T fit and rotate inside an AG3
section?  The Rohn guy says to use only an AG2 or AG4.  Help?
Also got some background info from the Tower vendor.  They say Rohn moved
their 25, 45, and 55G production to their IN plant which used to only do BX
towers.  The transition apparently did not go smoothly, and they lost lots of
knowledgeable people in the move.
73,
Mark N3AVA/0