[TowerTalk] Wilson Monobander

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wilson Monobander
From: csudds@probe.net (Chuck Sudds)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 20:14:37 -0500
At 06:18 PM 8/11/98 -0400, you wrote:

Hi Dave!

>Good price.  Jim Wilson, who built these antennas is N7JW.  He can be
>reached via his call book address.  He lives in Utah now altho Wilson
>Electronics is in Nevada.   I had a 4 el Wilson 10 and a 7 el Wilson
>10...that 7 el on 34' boom was a real killer.    The 6 el on 30' boom was
>part of that set.

Thanks for the info! I had forgotten about Jim being in Henderson, Nevada!
In the mid 80's, I went to his facility to pick up some satellite TVRO
equipment and had a great tour.

I'm going to give the old Wilson a try and see how I like it. If it is as
good as the KT34XA on 10, well then, I'll be quite happy.

>I still agree with Stan W7NI...I think you can model the beam now and get
>more gain and as important ...more bandwidth.

I do hope to do this if I can get some software!

>Sounds right altho most say 10 feet.....
>73, Dave K4JRB

Here is Roger's quote and reasoning:
" They are not on adjacent bands and are not an odd-multiple of
half-wavelengths."

We shall see. Thanks for your input!

73,

Chuck Sudds  K0TVD