[TowerTalk] Which Small Tribander for My Roof

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Which Small Tribander for My Roof
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:45:45 -0500
At 12:20 PM 8/12/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I've heard very good things from several people about the durability of the
>TA-33. Can anyone comment on how the Force 12 C series would compare? I'm in
>Atlanta, so icing is a rare occurence. We do get some wind, however.
>
>- Jim AD4J

I have a TA-33 at 60 feet.  The antenna performs well, but.....

Lets just say (so I don't tick off a lot of people) that the TA-33 is very
durable...well built....matches well across all the bands....its easy to
put up and down...will get through the pileups in time (and some power,
although that just shortens the time)...has with stood Kansas windstorms
... etc.

There have been times I felt I was loading a 50 ohm resister at 60 feet.
You cannot tell much about front-to-back on the radio.

I've seen these antennas up in the air for years....

Just some random thoughts

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net
PS:  I have a TH6 on the ground ... waiting for some time to get a crew to
put it up.