[TowerTalk] How bend aluminum tubing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How bend aluminum tubing
From: k9ofg@juno.com (RICHARD L OWENS)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 23:36:21 -0500
Steve
You didn't give the radius of the bend.  This may be very important, as
you can bend it only so around so short a radius.  An old standby is a
common door spring.  (I say "common" without knowing if they are even
sold anymore in hardware stores.)  Cut the end loops off--the ones used
to attach it to the door and the jamb-- and slip it over the element.
With the element being 1/2 inch, you may have to slip it inside the
element.  This should keep the aluminum from collapsing as you bend it
around a jig the shape you want it to assume.  The jig can be a 1/2 or
3/4 inch piece  of plywood fastened to a larger piece of plywood.  Keep
an eye on the element as you pull it around the jig.
GL and 73
Richard Owens, K9OFG

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998 17:15:36 -0800 Steve Lawrence <smlx@earthlink.net>
writes:

>I need to put a 90 degree bend in 1/2 inch 1/16 wall antenna element
>aluminum tubing. Suggestions for applying a reasonably smooth radius
>without cracking or excessively fatiguing the aluminum will be
>appreciated.
>
>Tks & 73, Steve WB6RSE
>

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]