[TowerTalk] waterproof enclosures?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] waterproof enclosures?
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (Edward W. Sleight)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 17:59:12 -0400
One of the best sources for an outside waterproof container is the
plastic containers you can buy in a food store. Watertight lip. Ask
the xyl. I use them for L/C networks.

Might as well describe how. Get a big container ( like one used for
salads ) about 4" deep x 14" or so. Cut an aluminum plate ( thin will
do ) or as I do, some PC board so it will fit the bottom of the
container. Now, mount a SO-239 on that place ( and thru the plastic ).
Place a standoff insulator near the top center. Take one of those
ground clamp to ground rod do-hickeys and, using an extra set of nuts,
mount it in the center near the top. This will allow mounting to a
ground rod. Install all your other components, tune her up, and take
off. BTW, if you install another SO-239, you can use it as a capacitor
mounting point for the L/C. My 80 meter job uses about 30" on 80, and
about 24" on 75.

Easy to mount electrical feed through if you want to go the motor
driven cap routine.

73
Ed