[TowerTalk] 80 broadbander / 80& 160 interaction?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80 broadbander / 80& 160 interaction?
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 19:49:55 EDT
I'm doing some work to recover from a lightning strike to one of my towers...

I currently have a 160/80 parallel fed inverted vee which has worked well for
many years. I want to seperate the two antennas now to take advantage of some
improved switching (WX0B boxes) and the ability to operate both bands
simultaneously (SO2R). I have 2 questions for you TTalkians:

In order to get increased bandwidth out of the 80m antenna, how does a
parallel CW/Phone inverted vee work? Maybe cut one for 3550 kHz and another
for 3850 and feed them in parallel?

Is it reasonable to assume that I will be able to operate 80 and 160
simultaneously, with both antennas on the same tower with minimal (2-5 foot)
separation? (I will have filters and bandpass stubs on each radio).

FYI - The antennas will be mounted on a 120' tower that has 4/4 on 20m
(120'/50') and a 2L40 @ 130'.

Thanks / 73,

Will