[TowerTalk] Rotating Dipole mounting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotating Dipole mounting
From: N0OEL@aol.com (N0OEL@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:03:33 EDT
The DW3 is a great little rotatable dipole.   Mount it a min of 5 feet above
your beam.    It should work great but if you see any interaction Cush Craft
suggests that you mount it 90 degrees to the low band beam and neither will
see each other.

I had to 90 deg mount it when I first go it and had it within 1.5 feet of my
beam.
It worked great.   Just takes some concentration to realize which direction it
faces.    One nice thing about a rotatable dipole is that it works two
directions so you dont have to rotate it like a beam to work the opposite
direction!

I now have a longer mast and have it at 7 feet above my beam and I find only a
little difference between that and 5 feet.

Good Luck!

73
MIke
K0BUD