[TowerTalk] Ground Rod Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 13:01:48 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-22 12:10:16 EDT, larsenp@cadvision.com writes:

> I would do this as I am not too serious about grounding. If I was
>  serious I would make a ground mat of 10 rods x 10 rods (100 rods
>  in all) and interconect them all with 00 bare copper and put the
>  tower in the middle.

     While a good perimeter and Single Point Ground System is the ultimate
design goal of any above-average or typical commercial ground system, I've
never seen a site use 100 ground rods. The aforementioned ground systems use
buried copper wire or strap to interconnect the dozen or two ground rods that
ARE recommended.

     Again, the Polyphaser book or my reprint are good starts.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC