[TowerTalk] Rohn Self-supporting towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Self-supporting towers
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 18:09:03 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-23 17:28:33 EDT, trunkcom@juno.com writes:

> I am in the market for a new self supporting tower and am new to the
>  hobby.
>  I am considering a Rohn HDBX-48.  Nat. Electronics has 'em for $508.00.
>
>  I want to go heavy duty for hf work some day.

     Rohn BX is TV antenna tower and the factory says 10-foot maximum boom
length.

      A relatively new alternative is the Trylon Titan self-supporter. The are
better than BX but not as pricey as Rohn SSV/RTP. More information is on our
website - http://www.championradio.com. There's even a link to the KA9FOX web
site where he has a bunch of photos of his T-500-72 Titan project from
unloading the truck when it arrived with the tower to the antennas being
installed. It was Scott's first tower so he was apprehensive but the results
were terrific.

     I would also recommend reading the reprint of my 6-part series on towers
that appeared in my CQ Contest magazine, "Up The Tower". It's two bucks to
Tower Tech, Box 572, Woodinville, WA, 98072.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
Exclusive Trylon US dealer