[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G to 45G conversion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G to 45G conversion
From: W3SB@aol.com (W3SB@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 12:45:01 EDT
Hello,
I am contemplating taking down my 10-year old 50 ft Rohn 25G tower and
replacing it with 70 ft of Rohn 45G.  My reasons are twofold:  1) get the
Cushcraft A4 up higher and 2) stack a dualbander for 18 and 24 MHz above the
A4 (probably an A3WS).  I don't want to go through the process of taking out
the existing tower base (short section of 25G in 4 ft of concrete) and am
thinking of using the 45G base plate fastened to the concrete base (with the
25G stubs cut off) with Hilti bolts.  The tower would be guyed in 2 places -
one at 35 ft and the other at the 70 ft level.  Does this make sense or should
I pursue another option?  I don't like the idea of stacking antennas on 25G.
Thanks for the help.
73 de Stokley, W3SB