[TowerTalk] Cage Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cage Antennas
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:28:34 -0700
Lee Buller wrote:

> I have been looking for a project to work on this fall (when it cools >off)
> and have been looking at a "cage" antenna for 80 meters.

Hi Lee.
I had a cage vertical here for 80 meters and it worked very well.  There
were 2 trees about 40 feet apart, and I stretched a rope between them
and hung the vertical from that.  It had 4 wires in a cage about 18
inches across.  I would still be using it except the fella who owned the
land next to mine decided to log it and cut one of the trees down.  I
don't know if cutting the wires all different lengths would make it
anymore broadbanded or not.  73
Tom W7WHY