[TowerTalk] Looking for Ham IV rotor repair company

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Looking for Ham IV rotor repair company
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:21:08 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-27 11:23:15 EDT, w7why@mail.coos.or.us writes:

<< > After 18 years of faithful service, my Ham IV is in need of an >overhaul
-- I'm getting intermittent meter indication and I suspect the potentiometer
is in
 > need of cleaning or replacement.  >>

      Congratulations - that must be a Ham IV record. I usually estimate
rotator service life as 6-8 years. And I won't install a used rotator unless
it has been refurbed.

      I have a reprint of my 3-part series on rotators from my "Up The Tower"
column in CQ Contest magazine. It's a buck from Tower Tech, Box 572,
Woodinville, WA, 98072. It's got everything you ever wanted to know about
rotators in it.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products