[TowerTalk] Tower bases near basement walls

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower bases near basement walls
From: N0OEL@aol.com (N0OEL@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 10:05:35 EDT
In answer to the question of placing a tower base next to a basement wall:

If your towerbase is located off the corner of the basement you wont have
pressure problems on the wall but if its located adjacent to the middle of a
wall you could be in big trouble.    Like the other fellow who commented I
dont like to be near previously
disturbed soil either but I am equally concerned if you are near the middle of
a wall.
In fact some communities will not give you a building permit if you are as
close as
2.5 feet.  Back it off at least 6 or more feet before you dig the hole.

In answer to whats a basement:    Its a shack for some of us and also a great
place
to pile stuff the wife asks you to get rid of!    And you should see my
basement!

73
Mike
K0BUD