[TowerTalk] tower legislation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower legislation
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 00:55:25 -0400 (EDT)

>Good Afternoon,
>I saw a few weeks ago that somewhere in the southern states there was an
>administrative law ruling regarding placement of towers versus adjacent
>property values. It went something like: "The property adjacent to a
>cellular radio tower did NOT lose any value even though there is a
>cellular tower next door". I have a neighbor who is objecting to my new
>PERMITTED and LEGAL tower, and he is concerned that his property will
>lose value (which of course is BS).
>
>I thought I saw this thread on the reflector, and was wondering if
>anyone has the file (or brief) in question that I can show to my
>neighbor.
>
>I appreciate the help, as usual!!
>
>73's
>Wally W9BEA

Hi Wally,

Let's assume he is right.  (I know he's wrong, but he thinks he's right, or
he's just giving you a bad time about your tower.)  Anyway, unless he has
his house listed for sale right now, the only real impact will be to lower
his property taxes!  He should thank you for saving him some money!

What?  The tax assessor doesn't believe his property values went down and
refuses to lower his assessed value?  I guess you win . . . actually you win
either way.  One way, you prove him wrong the other way, you save him money
. . . :-)

He might not believe the contents of a document you got off the internet
since you could fake it and rig the words to suit your purposes.  He will
probably believe you can't rig the local tax assessor, however . . .

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com