[TowerTalk] HamSticks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HamSticks
From: aw970@hotmail.com (frank VE3FLF)
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 17:42:00 PDT
You can find info to construct a 3-element hamstick beam from VE6VK's
web page http://www.eng.mu.edu/~usi/hamstick.html

A local ham reproduced the same beam with very impressive on-air test
results. A photo of his installed hamstick beam can be found under the
"Limited Space/Portable Antennas" section from web page:
 http://www.qsl.net/ve3flf/others.htm

Frank, VE3FLF
ve3flf@rac.ca
http://www.qsl.net/ve3flf/

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
>Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:56:39 -0700
>

>Gentlemen,
>Not sure if you all have had the pleasure of viewing the web site with
the
>fellow who built a mini size 3 element 20 meter yagi using HamSticks
mobile
>whips as the elements. I'll try to locate the address for you all. I
found
>it by searching under altavista and entered "HamStick".
>
>Was wondering if any of you have experience with these little gems.
>Supposedly rated at 600 watts, around 7 feet long, and built very well.
I am