[TowerTalk] Coax loss.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax loss.
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider, N3RR)
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 01:51:54 +0100
>From the ARRL Chart, it's on 10 meters.  The "standard" for contesters is to
>keep
our feedline losses on the band of interest, at VSWR = 1:1, to no more than 1 dB
(from rig to antenna, including connectors).  3.5 dB is a HUGH loss to have to
contend with, unacceptable in a contest station and pretty dismal in a "casual"
operation.

I also wouldn't say that 0.2 dB/100 ft is "quite a bit better than the chart
shows".  The 0.2dB can easily be accounted for as measurement error in the test
setup and measurement accuracy of the  test equipment.

Bill, N3RR