[TowerTalk] Dacron Rope & UV Resist. Cable.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dacron Rope & UV Resist. Cable.
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 12:05:57 EDT

<< Another vote for using UV-resistant coax and rotor cable! >>

Tom, you're absolutely right.  My 38 years as a ham and many years in the
business of wire, cable, and rope supplied to variegated industries has
brought me to a couple of other conclusions:  The DOUBLE braided Dacron we
sell is structurally better than the single braid that our competitors sell;
the UV treatment of our braided jacket is excellent (I have life tested it in
an accelerated mode as well as testing in my own practical applications and
never have we had a complaint, in any respect, after millions of feet sold to
happy customers, ham and commercial);  ref. UV resistant cable:  I'll add that
there are numerous grades of "UV resistant cable jackets" which are made from
numerous compounds.  We specify the compound that we want to our cable
manufacturer, a mfr. who we have a CLOSE relationship with.  If non-
contaminating jacket is also needed, we have an excellent Union Carbide
compound (we work with Union Carbide in determining the best compounds) which
satisfies both UV and non-migrating plasticides.     By the way, when you see
an ad out there that says "RG213 buriable", watch out.  It might be (?) a
decent Type IIA non migrating PVC jacket; however , NO PVC IIA, or any PVC
jacket is direct burial.  Lastly, ref. the Dacron rope you mention, the inner
core is polyester which is the strength factor, the outer jacket is anti-UV
treated Dacron which, as you note, protects the highly vulnerable polyester
core and secondly, the jacket provides a smooth covering which is excellent
for untieing knots, particularly if it is double braid, even years down the
road.   73,  Steve Davis, K1PEK
---------------------------------------
DAVIS RF Co., Commercial wire/cable, RF connectors, custom cable design.
Discounts to hams..........BURY-FLEX ? low loss HF-microwave HDPE coax;
....FLEX-WEAVE? aerial wire. Registered trademarks of Davis Associates, Inc. .
.LMR ?, Heliax?, PolyPhaser Tm, etc.  Visit our web site at  www.davisRF.com.
1-800-328-4773   (1-800-DAVIS RF)
"The Triad":   DAVIS RF Co., ORION WIRE CORP and The WIREMAN:   Three types of
expertise, three corporate buying power and customer inter-personal
relationships benefitting all.
?The way we run this business is more than just selling. It has to do with
inter-personal relationships that result in further benefits for all?.