[TowerTalk] Alpha p/n 9847

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Alpha p/n 9847
From: K5KT@aol.com (K5KT@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:45:44 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/98 11:24:37, k5iid@wvadventures.net wrote:

<<I have some Alpha Wire Company coax p/n 9847.
I  can find no reference to this part number. Anybody
out there taht can tell me the impedance and velocity
factor of this coax?>>

HI Tom,
        You're in luck...    According to my ALPHA W-10 Catalog, p/n 9847 is a
RG-11/U                         Type;
solid #14Ga             Center Conductor,
Cellular (foam) Polyethylene    Dielectric,
bare copper             Shield w/nominal coverage of (only) 81%,
Black PE (solid polyethylene)   Jacket,
.405"                   Diameter,
75 Ohms         Impedance,
78%                     Vp (velocity factor), and
17.3 pF/ft              Capacitance...

73
JOE