[TowerTalk] Re: Yesterday's post about Gladiator TL-80M

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Yesterday's post about Gladiator TL-80M
From: w1vxv@gwi.net (Robert C. Boyd)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 05:41:49 -0400
I neglected to point out that I installed the antenna with four 66 foot
long radials which are at a height of 10 feet above the ground.  See the
web-site for details about using "eighth wavelength tuned radial system"
instead of the "full length radials".

Instructions are provided that tell how to tune the antenna, top-hat
wires, and radials to the top or bottrom of the band.  It's fairly easy
to do, but take your time as I pointed out.  Don't try to do it all in
one step!

73, Bob - W1VXV