[TowerTalk] Guy Wire lengths

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Wire lengths
From: kq2m@eci.com (Robert L. Shohet)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:21:37 -0700
For the large tower (130') I am going to have the guy anchors roughly
95-100' away from the tower base on two "legs".  On the third leg,
however, I don't want the guy anchor in the middle of my lawn.  In order
to reach the "edge" of the lawn, the anchor will need to be about 150'
from the tower base and about 7' below the tower base.

Does this create a safety problem to have two anchors 100' away and the
third one about 150' away?  My understanding is that it should be ok as
long as I tension the lowest leg first (the 150').

I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Tnx & 73

Bob KQ2M