[TowerTalk] HF Yagi Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF Yagi Antennas
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 21:36:20 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-16 15:27:27 EDT, k2av@qsl.net writes:

<< How much sweet-talkin, gentle complimenting, arguing, cajoling, and
 outright bribes would it take to get you folks to do the same for the
 various 2 & 3 el 40m antennas? >>

      Well, the next phase is going to expand the HF tribanders. I've got a CC
X-9 in the garage and have been promised a F12 C-31XR. Those along with an A3
and a 3L monobander will consume some more field and write-up time. Results in
time for Dayton 99.

    We've discussed doing 40M antennas but it would be awhile before we have
the time and inclination. Actually our protocol is easy enough to follow so
we'd like to encourage others to pursue not only 40M tests but also to expand
and confirm the existing results for tribanders. Ambitious takers welcome.

      We've also kicked around testing HF verticals. Now THAT would be
interesting. And MUCH easier than HF yagis too!

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC