[TowerTalk] Teflon Source?? - Dielectric materials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Teflon Source?? - Dielectric materials
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:39:23 -0600
On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:48:51 -0400 chilesp@intrepid.net (Pat Chiles)
writes:

>Towertalkians,
>
>I want to build some variable capacitors using aluminum tubing.  Does
>anyone know a source for sheets of Teflon?  I want to use it for the
>dilectric.
>
>Pat, K8PC

Years ago, Wilson Electronics used polyethelyne(?) tubing
as the dielectric for their gamma matches on their monoband
beams.

Polycarbonate, polyethelyne, polystyrene, among others, are
examples of good RF dielectric materials.

Some time ago,  I obtained a 25 ft  "sample" of  "Poly-Flo" tubing
from an Imperial-Eastman sales representative.  I believe the
tubing is used in the food service industry.   My sample is 1/2
inch in diameter and telescopes nicely with 5/8 and 3/8 inch
aluminum tubing of 0.058 inch wall thickness or less.

de  Tom  N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]