[TowerTalk] TH-6s to TH-7

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH-6s to TH-7
From: rpierce@trxinc.com (Ron Pierce)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 07:37:20 -0500
The TH-7 is about ready to go up on the mast,but have noted a subtle
difference in the material which holds the driven element traps together.
In the TH-6 the 1" tubing
which connects the traps is approximately 5" long. For the X7 rear driven
element this part should be 8" long and for the front driven element it is
6" long. The old 5" parts will work,just barely,but am worried about
structural integrity over a winter. So will be calling Hy-Gain tomorrow.
Fortunately,I can still replace the part even with the antenna on the
mast,which is why I got the Hazer in the first place.
What I had was one more or less intact TH-6 and one nearly destroyed TH-6,
fortunately the driven elements were intact. So now the conversion to an X7
is nearly complete,less the above mentioned parts.
Hope this hint might be helpful.
de NI0L
Ron