[TowerTalk] Re: Vertical Dipoles and Ground Planes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Vertical Dipoles and Ground Planes
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 14:20:14 -0400
> Thanks Joe,
>
> Nothing like hearing the facts from the source.  Whether it's 3/8 wl or
1/2
> wl I still stand by my premise that  it's a pretty good antenna for it's
> size and ease of erecting/tuning.  Automatic band switching from 40
through
> 10 including the WARC bands with acceptable performance in less than 20
sqft
> of real estate is pretty good in my book.
>
> You are to be congratulated for an excellent and utilitarian antenna
design.

> Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Agreed also from here.  I ran the R-7 as my only antenna for about a year.
It was mounted only 12 feet above ground at 175 feet above sea level here
in So. NH.  It performed very well across all bands (I bought it used and
assembled it only using the weather marks, and it tuned up perfectly).  It
was designed as a limited space, and low height mounted 40-10 vertical and
does exactly what you designed it to do, Joe!  Kudos! & Thanks!  73, DavidC
 AA1FA