[TowerTalk] 160 ant problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 ant problem
From: n8ug@juno.com (n8ug@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 17:06:13 -0400
Lane, the best I've seen for a predicament like yours is a shortened 160
dipole put out by SPIRO. 100 ft long with 2 "shorteners" (coils), center
fed. $54.95 made up. They also have a 70 footer that is fed by ladderline
to a tuner - $49.95 made up. I have heard good reports from both - work
best with as high a feed point as possible.
Good luck - holler if we can help.
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC, 29356
Sales (800)727-WIRE(9473) or  orders@thewireman.com
Tech help (864)895-4195 or  n8ug@thewireman.com
www.thewireman.com  and the WIRELINE bargain page
Our 21st year!

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:05:22 -0700 zeitler@ibm.net writes:

>Gentlemen,
>I have a problem and seek advice. My city lot is quite small. Around
>65 feet
>wide by around 100 long. I would like to get back on 160 meters. I
>have no
>tower and need to go rather incognito, ie stealthy, very stealthy. I
>have a
>30 foot pine tree in the front yard and a 30 footer in the back. I was
>contemplating on if I could put up a shortened version of the T
>antenna. The
>T would only be 30 feet high. The horiz. portions of the T would be no
>longer than 50 feet each side. I would want to use rather thin wire,
>around
>18 gauge max, preferrably 20 gauge.
>
>Alternatives?? Remember if must be semi-invisible, so the Uni-Hat and
>others
>are totally out of the question. Sorry but moving is not an option!!
>
>Lane
>KM3G
>San Diego
>

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]