[TowerTalk] stack phasing questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] stack phasing questions
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 18:22:44 EST
Thanks for the reply Scott. I guess what I really need to know is which side
of the driven element is the "hot side" (i.e. goes to the center conductor),
and which is connected to the coax ground. If you looked at the balun with a
DC ohm meter, you should see one side connected to the center of the SO239 and
the other to the ground. If I make the top and bottom antennas so that the hot
side of the coax connects to the same side of the driven element, the phasing
should be correct I believe...

This reminds me of some of the discussions that audio professionals have about
XLR connectors and whether pin 2 or pin 3 should be "hot". I think wars have
been fought over that subject. Basically, in ham radio or audio, the bottom
line is that it doesn't matter which side is which as long as it is consistent
on both ends (or antennas in my case!)