[TowerTalk] RFI with SW radios?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RFI with SW radios?
From: kk7gw@hotmail.com (David Jones)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:52:03 PST
I have an interesting dilemma, I hope this is the right place.

Whenever I transmit (100w to 2 dipoles) my dad's Sony ICF-2010 seems to
pick up the signal no matter what freq each radio is on.

The antenna on his 2010 is a longwire that feeds directly into the
radio, and runs up and down on the walls of my parents bedroom.

The end of my 40m dipole is parallel to his longwire, roughly 70 feet
away.

The end of my 20m dipole is about 10 feet above the longwire, and
perpendicular, edge on to the longwire, and about 25 feet away.

The RFI happens on both antennas.  Because the longwire feeds directly
to the radio, how do I stop this?  It would seem that ferrite would
attenuate the SWL signals as well as my RFI.

Any suggestions?

73

David Jones, KK7GW
kk7gw@hotmail.com