[TowerTalk] Where is North..Again??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Where is North..Again??
From: lew@teleport.com (lew@teleport.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:09:34 -0800 (PST)
Gentlemen/Ladies
    Once you have determined which way True North really is (whether by
shadows, compasses or seance), I'd suggest two things as you are getting
your tower ready for action:
    1) using a 1" or 1 1/2" diameter pipe, I make an indentation along the
top of my curing concrete aimed north. I make it lightly and angled so
that water will not accumulate, especially close to any tower stuff
sticking out of the concrete. Then when I'm hanging off the tower
attempting to re-align a slipped antenna or mast or appliance, I have more
than a vague idea of which way north or up....simply by looking down.
     2) Using a small scratching device, such as a nail or wooden stick,
inscribe your significant other's and your initials in the top corner of
the curing concrete. Draw a heart around the initials. Let the concrete
harden and then at an appropriate time, call him/her out and proclaim this
monument as a  shrine to your everlasting love. This will help engender
further towering efforts in your Radio endeavors..plus may initially
improve your personal endeavors.
    Usual disclaimers apply: I can accept no blame for failed towers or
relationships. Use at your own risk.
    73 and I remain,
     Lew

         Lew  Sayre   W7EW/W7AT           lew@teleport.com
         P.O.Box  3110                    Fax 503-391-2258
         Salem, Oregon 97302              160M thru 1296MHz