[TowerTalk] HF2V on 80/160

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HF2V on 80/160
From: kr6c@juno.com (Charles R Constantine)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:30:01 PDT
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any success with a Butternut HF2V with 160M
add-on kit roof mounted as a ground plane configuration?

I could mount it on the second story roof (approx 20-25' up) and run
about 6-8 35' radials on the roof.
I know this is a less than desirable antenna set up but I live on a city
lot and the yard is cements and the ground is an old dried up lake bed
(desert) and I cant run any radials there.

I have tried Shunt loading my 33' tower with terrible results for 80/160
and have tried a half sloper and top loaded delta loop on 80 and all the
antennas sounded the same (loop was tilted at 45degs and sucked for DX!)

My only thought is to put a short radiator on the roof where its elevated
and can have at least some radials under it.

Any comments??

73 es tnx  Chuck KR6C@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]