[TowerTalk] Antenna Question...Again

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Question...Again
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:39:27 -0600
I am sorry about this post, but I cannot seem to find what I am looking for
on the reflector archives.  This has been talked about before, so please
forgive me.

I need to make an beam antenna change.  I currently have a TA-33 at 60
feet, but I want to do some changing.  I have an opportunity to put up a
second tower, but at 40 feet.  Now, how would a C3 or any variation thereof
play at 40 feet, compare to 60 feet?  It is a big hassle (because of trees
and such) to move beams around, but would it be in my best interest to do
some swapping around between the two towers.

In other words....how does a C3 play at 40 vs 60 feet?  Anyone have any
practical experience?

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net