[TowerTalk] 40m Sloper system

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40m Sloper system
From: k2av@qsl.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 21:21:35 GMT
On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 19:44:31 GMT, Terry George <g4amt@zetnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>Each dipole is fed with 36 feet of 50 ohm co-ax per ARRL Antenna
>Handbook, and the switchbox selects one dipole, leaving the other
>three `floating`.

I hope by this you mean *both* center conductor and shield not
attached to anything at the switch box, a DP4T switch, and SO239's
mounted in plastic or some other insulator.

Also do you have ferrite beads or some kind of a choke to keep current
off the coax?

The antenna model that I saw of your configuration was "pristine", eg,
did not include anything except the dipoles that radiated. It had a
fairly decent pattern. Not a great deal of gain.

73, Guy.

Guy L. Olinger
k2av@qsl.net
Apex, NC, USA