No subject

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: n7ex@athenet.net (Dave_K9NX)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:38:48 +0000
Since many of us (myself included) are quick to complain on the reflector
when we feel we have been let down by one our antenna vendors,  let me
balance my karma by relating a surprising and pleasant experience I had
today with the folks at Bencher/Butternut..

Last week we had a storm up here in Wisconsin that if I was still living in
Florida would have had a name, what with gale force winds of 60+ mph for
two days. Anyway my once "only" and now backup antenna of ten years a HF9V
broke away from its mount on top of the barn and proceeded to bend and beat
itself to death. Both the 80M and 40M door knobs caps were broken, the
insulators on the 30M coil and the 15M decoupling stub were broken and one
section of tubing bent beyond repair. When I talked to the guy a
Bencher/butternut he quoted me almost $90 for the two caps alone. Then in
the same breath he said that while he would be glad to sell em to me that I
probably could do better price wise by calling Surplus Sales of Nebraska or
RF Parts. Pressed for time I would probably have gone ahead and paid the
$90 but thanks to this helpful person I saved $50!

Hats off to the great service guy at Bencher.  They sure get my vote.  Not
to mention the fact that I have worked close to 300 countries on 40 and 80
alone using that old antenna, and its not ready to retire yet!

Dave
K9NX