[TowerTalk] Anchor Shackles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anchor Shackles
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:00:18 EST
In a message dated 98-11-18 07:15:39 EST, virago@ptd.net writes:

> > All shackles are safety wired after application...
>
>  How does one safety wire the shackles ????? I see the hole in the
>  shackle pin. Any recommendations ?????

Hi, Stephanie --

      Yes, you can use to the hole in the pin to safety wire the shackles.
This is to prevent the pin from accidentally working out. Put some wire
through the pin hole and attach it to something stationary nearby like the guy
wire.

     Typically the guy wire tension (400# for your 3/16" EHS) puts enough
pressure on the pin that it isn't going anywhere easily.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC